Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2 Years, 8 Months, and 1 Day

Charlotte & Ruby are 2 years, 8 months, and 1 day old today. As of late, Charlotte has wanted to accompany either Bob or me to work by saying "I want to go to work too!" when we are saying goodbye. It happens more often with me, as I leave in the evenings before dinner or weekend mornings during breakfast and Bob is usually gone before they wake. Plus, they know I go to a bookstore that has a train table to play with, though once we mentioned that Bob draws pictures at work, that made his job more desirable as even Ruby decided she would like to go to work with him to draw all day. Ruby makes up her own songs about what she does not like, as in "I don't like combing my hair...." or "I don't want water in my eyes....", while it is taking place. Enjoy the photos!

On a rare hot & humid day we went for a walk with Ava, Jacob, & Melissa:
In the gazebo having a water break:
Running about the gazebo park in our neighborhood:

Wearing their first nightgowns and being silly before bedtime during the brief heat wave last week:
Bob reads them 2 stories every night before bed (or I do if Bob works late):
Playing their first board game, Candy Land Castle, which proved to be far too easy as they know all their shapes & colors that it is meant to help teach, despite the 3&up age range, though they still had fun taking turns:
Outtakes from their 32 month old photos (it is getting harder to get photos of them with straight faces while looking towards the camera, so I end up with mostly outtakes these days):
Their plants suddenly sprouted overnight and they are quite happy to check on them every morning to see how tall the leaves are getting:

0 comments: