Charlotte & Ruby are 2 years, 8 months, 4 weeks, and 1 day old today. Potty training began last Saturday, and so far, it is not easy or fun. At all. But we are dedicated to the cause, and I think that they will soon show progress. Ruby went all day yesterday until dinner without one accident. Charlotte, on the other hand, has a few small pee accidents each day, but is able to stop once she realizes what she is doing and hold the rest until she gets to the bathroom. As of right now, I am better trained than they are, meaning I know to get them to the toilet every 30 minutes or have to wash another pair of underwear. On a handful of occasions they have shown initiative and said they need to go and then do, but not reliably yet. Enjoy the photos!
Looking through a current favorite book, "Where's The Poop?", since almost everything we do these days revolves around such matters:
Charlotte in her training underwear:
Ruby in her training underwear:
When we started this adventure, I had bought a bunch of stickers for them as rewards to put on poster boards:
As it turns out, they perform better when food treats are involved as the bribes:
Melissa reads a book to them while Jacob watches:

Since Clifford became a favorite in our home, Charlotte likes to take a gravity stick and pretend it is a dog bone:

Ruby can happily push the trains around the track for quite awhile:


Since Clifford became a favorite in our home, Charlotte likes to take a gravity stick and pretend it is a dog bone:
Ruby can happily push the trains around the track for quite awhile:
I found the original Thomas the Tank Engine show on DVD, with Ringo Starr narrating the stories, and those are now well-loved along with a few toys that they use to re-enact some story lines:
0 comments:
Post a Comment