Tuesday, May 13, 2008

CA Baby Shower and Other News

I returned from CA late Sunday night. At 8:54pm, I felt one of the babies kicking for the first time when the plane began it's descent to O'Hare. It felt like popcorn popping in my uterus just below my belly button. I'm not sure which baby it was, since the feeling was in the center of my stomach. It was nice timing for whoever decided to kick that hard, because it was Mother's Day.
As happy as I was to reach home (there was a 4 hour delay on the flight), it is quite sad knowing I will not be able to visit again for a few years (assuming the kids will be ready to behave during an airplane ride by then). I saw as much of family and friends as possible in the 3 1/2 days I was there. The baby shower was held on Saturday, May 10 at my grandfather's home.
Below are a few photos from the party.

The cake, designed by Bob:
My mom & I:

The Wallace side that could make it (from left - my dad, me, Great Aunt Lois, cousin Lyndsey, and Uncle Norbert):


My friend Linda & I:


Baby shower gifts (my mom has to ship most of it to me since my suitcase was bulging after adding only a few):


Prior to leaving for CA, Bob and I had been diligently working on preparing the house for the babies arrival. We want to get everything set (within reason) before I may have to go on bed rest until the end of the pregnancy, which could be as soon as late June. We plan to continue more after next week's ultrasound.
Below are some photos of the items we purchased and changes we have made so far.

Highchairs:


Bob builds one of the cribs:


Bob and the leftover piece (don't worry, we discovered that it is for converting the crib to a toddler bed):


Silly Ikea stuffed toys:


Toy organizer in the living room:


How the nursery looks right now (work in progress still):


We are anxiously awaiting next Tuesday, a week from today. Our level II ultrasound is scheduled at 1:00pm on May 20, where we should be able to find out the genders! Once we know, we will announce their names and add the ultrasound photos to the blog.

1 comments:

jacksonh

I just spent a solid thirty seconds laughing at the picture of Bob and the extra piece. That's a great pic.