Here is a 2D view of the top of their heads, showing how close they are:
Charlotte's best 3D images:
We are fairly certain that Charlotte has Bob's large mouth.
Ruby's best 3D images:
You can see Ruby's toes on top of her head in this one:
Despite the awkward positioning of her legs (straight up in front of her face) and umbilical cord, from what we could see it looks like Ruby has inherited the chubby cheeks that run on my side of the family.
We feel very lucky that technology has allowed us to have a sneak peek of how the girls actually look even though we have about 11 more weeks to go until we meet them. I would like to have another one done closer to their due date, but with a twin pregnancy 27 weeks is the cut off, since the babies get too crowded to see. I am 26w5d today, so I scheduled it as late as possible.
Since Bob doesn't post on here, I asked him for his thoughts on having the 3D ultrasound done. Bob feels it was "good & fancy" while "impressive". He just can't describe the feeling of seeing their hearts beating and watching how they compete for space, though it is a good one. Overall he felt it was an exciting experience.
3 comments:
Wow, what a tremendous thing -- to have technology give you a "coming attractions" preview. Their faces look so clear.
I remember being a kid and peaking into the oven window while my mom baked a cake, I remember seeing the cake rising, and imagining what it was going to look like when it was done -- but this is like peaking in and watching God's miracle unfold.
Bless you family. Thanks for sharing.
nicole.
you have to babies inside you. thats crazy.
and, i saw their pictures. even crazier.
i miss you and your sarcastic comments at the store. who else is going to give me a righteous high five? you were the only jive turkey at barnes.
fotc day will happen.
jewels
* i spelled 'two' 'to'. it's stupid and i am annoyed i did that.
i am so not a jive turkey.
Post a Comment