Charlotte & Ruby are 3 years, 6 months, 1 week, and 4 days old today. With the warm temperatures of the last couple weeks, I had to go through and pull out all their clothing that was set for spring & summer so they would be dressed comfortably with the days we had in the mid 80s. It showed that they fit perfectly in said clothing, despite it being bought to be a bit large on them to last through summer. 5T and girls' size 4-5 fit well now, so I expect them to be in sizes 5-6 by late summer/fall despite only being 4 years old then. Charlotte weighs roughly 5lbs more than Ruby right now, but their height and shoe sizes still match. Current favorite things are dragons, cheetahs, fairies, the TV show Wild Kratts on PBS, and merry-go-rounds (see below). Enjoy the photos!
Grandpa Jay swings Charlotte upside down:
While Ruby is not a fan of upside down swinging, she does love to see her reflection in the camera lens:
Hugging Grandpa Jay:
Our 2nd roadside attraction family photo near Norway, IL:
On a trail in Starved Rock State Park:
This waterfall was nowhere near as exciting as playing in the sand to them:
Charlotte did some rock climbing:
Sitting on rocks:
Charlotte & I headed back to the car this way:
Ruby & Bob chose to go this way:

Ruby stopped to search for a woodpecker we heard on the way back to the car:
Picnic in the back of the Element before heading home:
In the town near the state park, Charlotte & Ruby were excited to see "real castles" like this:
We did not go straight home though, as I spied this magnificent park from the '70s along the road behind a bank:
The merry-go-round was their favorite:
Everything was just like it had been at playgrounds when Bob & I were kids (albeit with more rust):
0 comments:
Post a Comment