Turns out, though I have shown progress towards labor yesterday and today, the pain I feel is from my right kidney being compressed & enlarged from the weight of the babies/uterus pressing against it. No kidney stones were found on the ultrasound like they first suspected. They kept me overnight to monitor and keep the pain under control with 3mg of morphine every 2 hours. The girls were extremely active and healthy thoughout the entire time. Late last night I began to show contractions every 5-7 minutes, and by this morning my cervix went from hard and funneled to 60-70% effaced and open enough for the nurse to touch Charlotte's head. Dilation was still at 1 cm though. They decided to monitor the babies and contractions for another 2 hours back up in Labor & Delivery before deciding that I was not in serious labor and sent me home with pain medication in case the kidney pain becomes unbearable again. I go back to the doctors' on Tuesday for the growth scan and NST. Since the NST is done at the OB's office, they will reassess my progress/condition at that time.
While not a fun experience by any means, I did end up in a postpartum recovery room so I know what to expect after delivery when I need to stay at least 4 days. Also, the hospital room service food is much better than I would have thought.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Nicole!
I can't believe you are going to be a mom soon. That is totally righteous.
I am looking for the toothbrush fence! But so far, no one knows what I am talking about and I present myself as a weird, American tourist.
Oh well. I hope you are doing well during this waiting period. And feel free to bring the girls and Bob to New Z and we can hunt down our boys and give Mel a run for her money!
jewels
Post a Comment